LiftMaster Elite 8500
Spacing-Saving Wall Mount Design
LiftMaster's 8500 jackshaft opener offers an ultra-quiet, space-saving, wall-mounted design that's specially designed for garages and unique applications that don't allow for a traditional garage door opener, such as garages with very low ceilings, cathedral or obstructed ceilings, and the home mechanic who uses a lift in the garage. The LiftMaster 8500 mounts easily on the wall beside the garage door, and comes with a remote 200-watt light that can be positioned anywhere in the garage. The optional EverCharge Standby Power System continues to operate your opener - even when the power goes out.
- MyQ® Technology lets you monitor, open and close your garage door from anywhere, using your smartphone, tablet or computer. (Requires purchase of Internet Gateway (828LM))
- Alerts let you know when your garage door is opened or closed - sent as email or pop-up notifications on your mobile device.
- MyQ mobile app is a free download - no annual activation fee.
- P3™ Motors from LiftMaster® – designed to be the most reliable, durable and powerful.
- Ultra-quiet design eliminates sound and vibration through the ceiling – perfect if you have a home with a room above or next to the garage.
- Battery Backup powers up even when power is out so you can get in your garage (Requires purchase of 475LM Battery Backup).
- Wall mount design frees the garage ceiling of hanging operators and rails, opening up space for additional storage – ideal for cathedral or obstructed ceilings.
- Remote light delivers 200 watts of light with adjustable light time delay.
- Energy-efficient consumes up to 75% less power in standby mode.
- Lifetime motor and 5-year parts warranty. 1-year Battery Backup warranty (Battery Backup sold separately).
Safety and Security
- Security+ 2.0™ – unique feature generates a new code with every click, ensuring that the door opens only for you.
- Power Lock Deadbolt (041A6102) ensures the door cannot be forced open.
- Timer-to-Close remembers to close your garage door when you forget.
- Alert-2-Close warning system provides audible and visual warnings when the garage door is about to close when using MyQ Technology or Timer-to-Close.
- Motion detector turns on garage door opener lights as soon as you walk in - no more fumbling in the dark.
- The Protector System® safety sensors project a light beam across the garage door opening, auto-reversing the door if anything interrupts the beam.